Some information used in this project was obtained from the following sources:
- Fontaine, M. M., A. C. Steinemann, and M. J. Hayes. (2012). State drought programs and plans: survey of the western U.S.. Natural Hazards Review 10.601/(ASCE)NH.1527-6996.0000094.
- Wilhite, D. A. (1991, October). Drought Planning and State Government: Current Status. BAMS, 72(10), 1531-1536.
- Wilhite, D. A. (1991). Drought Planning: A Process for State Government. Water Resources Bulletin, 27, 29-38.
- Wilhite, D. A., & Rhodes, S. L. (1993). Drought Mitigation in the United State: Progress by State Government. In D. A. Wilhite (Ed.), Drought Assessment, Management, and Planning: Theory and Case Studies (pp. 237-251). Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Wilhite, D.A., & Rhodes, S.L. (1994). State-level Drought Planning in the United States: Factors Influencing Plan Development. Water International, 19, 15-24.
- Wilhite, D. A., & Wood, D. A. (1985, February). Planning for Drought: The Role of State Government. Water Resources Bulletin, 21(1), 31-38.