A recent webinar provided an update on the drought currently affecting the Northern Plains, specifically North Dakota and South Dakota, where large swaths of the state have been affected, and also Montana, where drought is encroaching further west each week.
ACCESS THE POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS
The webinar contains information on:
- The drought situation as of June 21, 2017;
- Impacts being experienced;
- Drought outlook;
- Current Drought Monitor status; and
- The Drought Monitor and how it is put together
The National Drought Mitigation Center, South Dakota State Climate Office, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's National Integrated Drought information System, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture conducted the webinar June 21, 2017.
Watch it in full here.
- NDMC: Regional Drought Update & the USDM | Open here
- SDSU Extension: 2017 Northern Plains Drought | Open here