Recorded presentations from the Aug. 15 Managing Drought Risk on the Ranch workshop in Kearney, Neb., are now on the web. The National Drought Mitigation Center, in cooperation with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Center for Grasslands Studies, presented the workshop to more than150 participants as a part of the Nebraska Grazing Conference. The workshop was provided with funding by the Risk Management Education program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Risk Management Agency.
- Introduction to Managing Drought Risk on the Ranch (powerpoint)
- Writing a Drought Plan: Step by Step (powerpoint)
- Livestock/Feeding Considerations in Drought Risk Management (powerpoint)
- Financial Considerations in Drought Risk Management (powerpoint) (example spreadsheet)
- RMA Pasture, Rangeland and Forage Insurance (powerpoint)
- Producer Reality Check: Lessons Learned
The half-day workshop was recorded as a webinar and can be accessed here:
First Session (before break-Knutson, Reece, and Rasby - http://ndmc.adobeconnect.com/p3r3b72g9gs/ (1:19:02)
Second Session (after break-Stockton, Roeder, and Alexander http://ndmc.adobeconnect.com/p6lj7yt5ju0/ (1:32:57) Has some Q&A at the end of this session.
Third Session (This is Lynn Myers describing his grazing management plan) - http://ndmc.adobeconnect.com/p5tj3vc4k74/ (18:48)
Note: When you are in the Adobe Connect program, you can fast-forward and go back through the slides and audio by using the scroll bar at the bottom of the page. Also, you may need to adjust sound through your computer speakers, because speakers have different vocal characteristics.